Re: Roller blind in the shower?

> Our bath runs under the window and has a shower fitted. At the moment we > have nothing at the (frosted) window - and therefore showering is a tad > risky due to the bathroom being at the front of the house. > > We don't want to put a shower curtain down the window side of the bath as it > would narrow the shower quite considerably. > > Ideally we'd like to still be able to have access to the window ledge > (useful for putting things on) - however, it would also be nice to stop > water sitting on it. My thoughts were to put a plain roller blind against > the window - leaving the ledge free - however, I've no idea about how roller > blinds like water! With a curtain, it drains nicely - but with a blind, you > couldn't (I expect) roll it up until its dry - else it'll go mouldy. > > Any other great solutions for this? >

What about a short, flat-to-the-wall waterproof window curtain, rather than a full size shower curtain? With weights at the bottom, to keep it flat. It could be cut down from an existing shower curtain, or you could make a matching set from waterproof yardage.

Reply to
S Viemeister

We've done exactly this in our mobile home, a long 5ft blind down the side and a short one across the top. We did it due to space limtations, the blinds are screwed to the ceiling. We bought Blind kits with out material and then added suitable water proof cloth to fit. Slightly weighted bottom (stainless steel chain in hem) to stop it being "washed out" by the shower

The Q

Reply to
The Q

How about shutters made from some waterproof material? Close them over the window opening when you shower, they protect the widow sill and contents.

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts