Re: painting shiplap cladding

> Not a good idea, there's a very good chance you'll separate the fibres > on the surface of the wood. Just don't ask how I know ... !

It gives a nice effect though. I'm sure if he washed it down first with a washer at not too much pressure he'd be on a winner. But you need to key the old surface so a light sanding is advisable.

Just keep telling yourself:

"This house whose mortgage has tied me up for most of my life starts here. I must look after it."

Reply to
Michael McNeil