Brita Or Pur Brand Best For Kitchen Faucet Water Filter ?

Hello:

Water at our new place is pretty poor, and have decided to purchase one of those spigot mounted filters for the kitchen faucet.

Guess there are 2 primary brands: Pur, and Brita

Anyone have any opinions regarding which is more effective, filter replacement costs, construction quality, etc. ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

Can't give you an opinion on the Pur; but I've used the Brita, and it did the job for me, and the cartridges were easy to change, and comparable or less, in cost to replace. bj

Reply to
chicagofan

What's less expensive, filter-wise, filtering only the water you 'need' or filtering all the cold water out of the tap?

Reply to
wkearney99

--------------- If Ed's install is similar to mine (OmniFilter), there's a separate spout mounted on the sink deck for filtered water. Only the water I want to filter gets filtered. I go through 2 filter changes a year, which costs about 45.00 and is VERY good filtration.

Reply to
Abe

You can get, cheaper, more convenient results with an undersink filter for the cold water line. I like the InstaPure IR10 cartridges as they take out any sediment as well as rust and last 4 or 5 months.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I don't know for sure, but I spend $30 a year and never worry about putting the filter in the right position. Those cartridges for the smaller units are not very cheap.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I had a Culligan in my previous apartment and it worked fine. I liked the feature of being able to filter or not filter the water by turning the switch. The LED display gave an indication of the state of the filter.

Curly Sue