RIBA Stirling Nomination and no stair rail

Did anyone watch the Stirling awards earlier this evening. In the house that had been nominated they had a cantilevered staircase that was open to the side. As far as I can see this contravenes building regs. How did they ever get it approved?

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

Do you imagine that it has been approved? "This is a clever development by an architect-client couple for a mix of uses including their home and office. It is on five floors over a basement and completely fills its corner site." The key words in that sentence are architect-client couple, which in my experience means two people who are incredibly arrogant and think the Building Regulations don't apply to them.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula