Reverse tap?

On my trailer I've got bolts holding the T+GV wood sides to the frame. The bolts have shallow slots in the domed head. I can't get enough purchase on some of them to get them out. I'm sure I remember something called a reverse tap from when I worked in a tool shop

40 years ago. You drill a pilot hole and you screw this tap in anti- clockwise, so when it stops drilling into the bolt, it starts unscrewing the bolt. Can anyone confirm or give me the correct name for it? Thanks, Pete
Reply to
goodolpete

stud extractor

Reply to
Burbeck

correction i mean screw extractor

Reply to
Burbeck

Reply to
Appelation Controlee

A screw extactor is what you need, available here:

at any good hardware store/tool shop

Reply to
waterhg

£2.49 a set from Screwfix.

Be afraid, be very afraid... no, not quite that bad, but extreme care is needed when removing not to put any sideways force on the extractor. They are harder than drill bits so (a) prone to snap and (b) can't be drilled out themselves - slow and careful!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Does Stelios know?

Reply to
Huge

It would be quite pleasing to see/hear of Messrs. Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper and Terry Southern consulting Messrs. Sue, Grabbit & Run about Stelios and the prior use of and ownership of 'similar' names.

Reply to
Rod

Heard on R4 the other day, some curry house owner has given in after being challenged over "Easycurry". He did comppound it IMHO by using black, white and orange as the colour scheme, claiming that Chicken Tikka Masala is orange.

Reply to
Man at B&Q