Resuscitating superglue

The cyanide risk probably was from varnish coating of the wire burning off in the solder pot.

A long time ago I did some circuit board construction with verowire, where ye have to burn through the insulation to solder. The wire supplies from Verospeed came sternly labelled with warnings about using ventilation while soldering, to disperse the cyanide fumes.

I wasn't that impressed by this construction method, and instead turned to using wirewrap.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

1/. It's from the superglue 2/. It's not cyanide. 3/. It is however very very acrid and will induce asthma very rapidly if you are at all susceptible.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

just go into your handbag and use some of your nail varnish remover........what is the job?...permanent "docking"...bona

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I dropped a few drops onto a hot soldering iron once and the smell and eye irratation was especailly bad this was in the 80s. I don't think the cheape r super glues are the same or as good as they were as you very rarely hear of people sticking their fingers (or anything else) together, well not as o ften as they used to.

Reply to
whisky-dave

It might surprise you to know that the pigment Prussian Blue, which is ferric ferrocyanide, is actually used an an antidote to some heavy metal poisoning. More info in the Wikipedia article:

Jeff Layman