Resin 'paving'.

As usual harry replies with an answer that's not relevant to the question.

Reply to
invalid

Would a 9 inch angle grinder do?

Reply to
ARW

Fairy snuff, I sit corrected!

Reply to
John Rumm

I'd have been most tempted to do the infill in some sort of radial pattern to avoid all that cutting.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Then you would have to cut them lengthways and into a taper to avoid large gaps!

Reply to
John Rumm

:-) no worries.

Reply to
Mark Allread

Never tried it with an angle grinder but I'm not sure you would get as good a finish on the 'cut' edge.

Reply to
Mark Allread

And there is this one.

Street view will take you back to 2009 and up to May 2018.

Every piece of garden is now concrete (trust me there has been more concrete laid since the May 2018 Streetview picture).

Reply to
ARW

The ones you laid radially didn't have excessive gaps, or maybe I misremembered that. More would not be in a smaller circle. You can always cut every 4th one or so if gaps are a problem. It would be easier to move to the smaller rectangular blocks, less length equals far less gap size. Or go with stone.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

It all looked nice, but at the time I did not really think through the

It took a couple of days to cut them all in, and by the time it was done

True, but I cheated by filling those gaps with black mortar - no too onerous as the edging courses which have to be fully bedded anyway. The main infill however is just grouted with fine sand, so the gaps have to be small.

There is a limit on how small you can go on blocks on a sand bed if you want to ensure they can't get pushed into the bed with normal traffic (why ideally you break the pattern in places where you would end up with less than about a third of a block)

Reply to
John Rumm