Resin Bound Gravel

Folks,

I have a small gravel patch outside my back door. At times we seem to get more gravel tramped into the house so I was thinking of resin bonding it. Has any one else done this themselves or had it done for them. Some articles suggest using a small concrete mixer, is this necessary for a small area? Is it porous as suggested on most adverts? How long lasting is it.

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

I would have thought for a small area you could knock it up by hand, much as we used to for concrete. Porosity will depend on the epoxy/gravel ratio. You only want a very dry mix so you are merely minimally coating each pebblette of gravel so when laid they stick together but do not seal all the gaps between individual pebblettes as obviously that will totally seal it.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

A neighbour had this stuff done to his concrete drive. After about

15 years the resin fails and it collects moss and is impossible to clean without loosening even more of the pea-shingle.

I would consider a more hard-wearing surface if I was you.

Reply to
Andrew

Andy,

I am 66 so that takes me to 81 when my Dad died, I think that will do me nicely..

Dave

Reply to
David Wade