Resetting service warning lights

I read them on my phone via Bluetooth!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Dennis hasn't got a phone, and thinks Bluetooth will be in a whale's mouth.

Yet thinks he can easily use a "esp8266" to read the codes.

Reply to
Fredxx

You've clearly never worked on safety critical systems.

Reply to
Fredxx

So do you know how much current they take to fire?

My educated guess is quite a bit. It's not something you'd want to be triggered by random pulses in a car's electrics. Unless you have a better guess?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You have used some of the safety critical systems I have worked on (as in design bits). I can guaranty that.

How? because the emergency services use them every day. You have never designed anything from your inability to understand simple things.

Reply to
dennis

You want an airbag still to be active 30 minutes after an accident where the car electrics have failed?

Does this mean the emergency services disconnect the battery then wait 30 minutes before doing anything?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It says 'up to' which could mean anything from zero to thirty. Presumably the intent is to stop meddling without allowing 30min hands-off time to allow the power source to discharge.

Reply to
mechanic

To be fair, he's thinking ESP as in psychic. Poor thing probably misheard someone referring to his psychosis.

Reply to
Richard

Yes there is, try looking at the UK construction and use regulations. They apply after a certain date. There are seperate laws that say if they are fitted they have to work so you can't get away with saying they don't need to be fitted to a car because it predates the requirements. You will find it applies to a lot of things on cars if you bother to look.

Reply to
dennis

Its only canbus not rocket science.

Reply to
dennis

Can you prove that 4V via 1 meg resistor can? How about a 1 nano farad capacitor at 12V can that do it? for someone that claims to know things your level of understanding is poor.

Reply to
dennis

What is that wishy washy statement supposed to mean?

Reply to
dennis

Try reading the thread as you are missing bits and I don't know which ones. For all I know you are lying about not having seen the two posts.

Reply to
dennis

That is not a manual. It has no more authority than you saying it takes 30mins. Try harder.

Reply to
dennis

I am bored with arguing with people that think they know every thing but can't even workout the difference between voltage and energy. Even after you specifically talk about joules to give them a clue.

I even wonder if some of them are still in the decade where they used compressed air for the airbags and you had to wait a minute or two for the compressors to get up to pressure before they were ready to work. They could take a while for the air pressure to discharge and be safe. AFAIK they never fitted systems like that to British cars and they have all been pyrotechnic with igniters.

Reply to
dennis

You once again demonstrate how little a clue you have of me and more generally of the things you claim.

Reply to
Fredxx

Is ohms law beyond you?

Reply to
Fredxx

You have just proven yourself to be utterly dishonest.

There is no such post here. You can't prove this any more than telling us the legislation that makes it illegal to drive a car with the ABS light disabled.

Reply to
Fredxx

It is more authority that your hearsay. Someone who doesn't seem to know of ohms law.

Reply to
Fredxx

Nope.

What separate laws?

Which you can't find yourself, or you would have posted here the relevant statute.

Reply to
Fredxx