Request For Help In Identifying Fitting/Service

Please see this photo:

fitting is in the kitchen; there are two of them about a yard apart, on the wall that separates the kitchen from the dining room, about a foot from the floor.

The front face of the cap is stamped with the letters "GF" and "1/2".

The question is, what service might these be connected to?

The house is late-60s open-plan, and there is a separate gas fitting for the cooker space. The kitchen fittings are original.

TIA for any pointers.

Reply to
Frank Lee Speke-King

Could be any piped service. Gas, water, F&R connections for radiator. I'd guess hot and cold connections for a belfast sink, now gone. I had two similar projecting from a wall where a sink had once been, galvanized pipes buried ina chase in the brickwork.

Georg Fischer, 1/2" BSP; probably. Just a bog standard 1/2" plug.

I'd turn off everything and remove one plug carefully. See if any water comes out. Fit a 1/2" ball valve and turn services on to see if it's connected to anything.

Reply to
Aidan