Replacing services to the property

Hi All, We're having the front of our house re-modelled including new garage, front extension, roof and so on. It's a delightful 70's beast. so BT wire must be getting on. Next door neighbour recently had to have his pavement to house BT wire replaced so while the excavation is going is there a chance BT might want to replace wires before the groundworks are completed?

Also the black PVC water pipe (yet to be found unlike the mains cable which has been "found" 3 times) is it worth getting a run of blue pipe in place or is it likely to be curled up sticking out of the wall for the next 10 years like many of the houses round our way never to be connected by the water-board.

Anything else that might be worth considering while we're excavating?

Cheers Pete

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk