replacing lead water main scenario

Anyone know if the following is OK. New water main from roadside in MDPE underground, enters house through front room subfloor via insulated sleeve, runs under floorboards of front room, through honeycomb bond wall, under floorboards of back room, sideways through wall into kitchen where the stopcock will be. Can I have this length of MDPE inside the property before the stopcock ? I certainly can't have a stopcock in the front room ! Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

It's after the water board stopcock that will at or near the boundary of yoru property.

You could have one under an access trap if you are really worried.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Mate has a new house where the stopcock is in the kitchen at the back so I'd say yes.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes, I've installed dozens like this, although the alkathene should be well lagged (even though it rarely is)

Reply to
Phil L

Thanks folks, glad this will be OK if I ever get to do it, since it requires the neighbour to allow some digging in her back garden to remove the left over dead leg of lead pipe. Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson