Removing expanding foam from clothes

Anyone have any idea how to get this stuff off clothes. Its gone dry now. Coats been washed half a dozen times and its still there. Tried sticky stuff remover etc and nowt works.

Thanks

Reply to
Barry Taylor

You can get gun cleaner but I'm not sure how it does with cured foam nor clothing .

Reply to
nobodyhome

You haven't been building a canoe have you? ;-)

Tim Downie

Acetone. Saved my butt when I trod some into the landing carpet.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Thanks you two, much obliged

Reply to
Barry Taylor

You could try one of the "foam eater" products that the likes of screwfix do.

Reply to
John Rumm

my hand. The results make is wet and salty :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Just as an aside, I've just removed a saniflow that performed faultlessly for 10 years. Is it time to remove the saniflow entry from the humour section?

(Actually, that would be a huge shame as it's such an entertaining read but I think they're not as bad as Peter made out).

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

I have smears of silicone on my overalls, I wonder if silicone remover would get it off without damaging the fabric?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Whether it would remove it I dunno (I don't find it particularly effective; but I doubt it would harm the fabric. Whatever it is, it seems relatively innoccuous stuff - has to be so it doesn't damage a plastic bath.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Dunno, but the Darwin Awards item needs some looking at.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

Yes, it goes to a broken link at st*mbles.org.uk... John??!

Reply to
Lobster