Removing expanding foam from clothes

Anyone have any idea how to get this stuff off clothes. Its gone dry now. Coats been washed half a dozen times and its still there. Tried sticky stuff remover etc and nowt works.
Thanks
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:50:54 -0000, "Barry Taylor"

You can get gun cleaner but I'm not sure how it does with cured foam nor clothing .

You haven't been building a canoe have you? ;-)
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/humour.html#foam
Tim
Tim Downie wrote:

I do wish that folks wouldn't post that when I have a glass of whisky in my hand. The results make is wet and salty :-)
Dave
Dave wrote:

Just as an aside, I've just removed a saniflow that performed faultlessly for 10 years. Is it time to remove the saniflow entry from the humour section?
(Actually, that would be a huge shame as it's such an entertaining read but I think they're not as bad as Peter made out).
Tim
Tim Downie wrote:

Dunno, but the Darwin Awards item needs some looking at.
Pete
Pete Verdon wrote:

Yes, it goes to a broken link at st*mbles.org.uk... John??!
Barry Taylor wrote:

Acetone. Saved my butt when I trod some into the landing carpet.
David

Thanks you two, much obliged
Barry Taylor wrote:

You could try one of the "foam eater" products that the likes of screwfix do.
--
Cheers,

John.

John Rumm wrote:

I have smears of silicone on my overalls, I wonder if silicone remover would get it off without damaging the fabric?
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Whether it would remove it I dunno (I don't find it particularly effective; but I doubt it would harm the fabric. Whatever it is, it seems relatively innoccuous stuff - has to be so it doesn't damage a plastic bath.
David