Removing expanding foam from clothes

Yes, not clever I know but I got some on my favourite t-shirt....

Is there anything that will get this off?

I've heard olive oil, nail polish remover. Or what about the foam gun cleaner and/or foam eater stuff that screwfix sell?

Reply to
paulfoel

The gun cleaner only works on wet foam. The foam eater *may* work for a small quantity, but chances of an invisible removal are not good alas.

Reply to
John Rumm

*nods*, as the one who trod wet foam onto a carpet.

BTW another amazing use for expanding foam in this weather.... If you have cracks on your fingers from the cold weather you will know how difficult they are to heal.

One good way I have found is the following. Make sure the cut is clean/ dry and use nail cutters to slice off top layers of skin next to the cut as thats seems to put less pressure on the cut during healing. Squirt some foam onto a bit of paper. Then dab the cut area with foam, making sure its well covered. Then put a plaster over it. After it has dried you can remove the plaster and it will stay water proof giving a 'scab' over the cut.

A couple of days later and it should have healed the cut. YMMV, but I have found this method is much better than constant use of plasters which sometimes have no effect even after a week.

Dave.

Reply to
Dave Starling

It'll be easier to take the shirt off the foam than the other way round.

Rob Graham

Reply to
robgraham

Don't know what it's like on clothes (especially synthetic fibres), but on a neighbour's car that had some sprayed on it I used (after trying on a hidden part) some Ecover Natural Citrus Cleaner and Degreaser (works well on organic fruit). It's terpene-based (orange peel), is flammable neat, smells lovely (sort of orangey) and goes cloudy when mixed with water (keep away from Frenchmen). At about 90-95% it's quite good on uPVC frames and sealant; at 100% it does take off a bit of the rubber sealing strip.

On the foam, I had to use 100%.

I don't know if it's still available - I have 500ml and use it only when necessary.

Reply to
PeterC

Rather like EvoStiks choice of product name here. You kinda know where you stand.....;)

Midge