Alki Foam

I've been trying difrerent strength for alki foam, for condensors.

1:100 is a bit too weak, and full strength works fine, but seems a bit of waste of money. The label says 1:3 or 1:4 which works reasonably well.

Why not use it on evaporators? I've used it plenty of times on window AC evaporators and condensors both.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If I'm cleaning one at a restaurant, I go to the mop sink and hook my hose to the hot water, I have the foam gun that hooks to a water hose. You can also use the foam gun on the inside condensers if you have a big shop vac to pick up the water, it gets the floor real clean too. Be careful of the electrical boxes, I had a goofy general contractor use oven cleaner on a make line. The cleaner got into the terminal box and shorted out the wiring. Johnstone Supply sells a product called "4-X Base Coil Cleaner" that is very concentrated and will remove the most stubborn grease especially if you use hot water. I've mixed it in to a washtub full of water, dropped electrostatic smoke eater elements into it and watched the brown crap just float off the filter.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

So, you want to second-guess the manufacturer in all your wisdom ?

Excellent ! That way you can replace the electrical work at the same time you replace the coil(s) he destroyed ! :-)

Sounds like you need to get out more ;-)

Reply to
.p.jm.

Were you replying to me or Stormy or both? *snicker*

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Yes :-)

Reply to
.p.jm.

If I'm cleaning one at a restaurant, I go to the mop sink and hook my hose to the hot water, I have the foam gun that hooks to a water hose.

CY: I've considered the garden "weed and feed" dispensers, for the end of the hose.

You can also use the foam gun on the inside condensers if you have a big shop vac to pick up the water, it gets the floor real clean too.

CY: yes, I've used alki form for indoor condensors. Works well in restaurants. Needs shop vac or mop and bucket.

Be careful of the electrical boxes, I had a goofy general contractor use oven cleaner on a make line. The cleaner got into the terminal box and shorted out the wiring.

CY: Alki foam will eat aluminum, if left on.

Johnstone Supply sells a product called "4-X Base Coil Cleaner" that is very concentrated and will remove the most stubborn grease especially if you use hot water.

CY: I've used th at.

I've mixed it in to a washtub full of water, dropped electrostatic smoke eater elements into it and watched the brown crap just float off the filter.

CY: Also takes the tar and nicotine off evaporator coils. The smoke eaters are popular with some fire departments near me, for the bingo hall.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Mr. Milligan is an equal oportunity snerker snider. Only idiots need apply! We insult everyone!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You have GOT to be considered stupid even among mormuns who believe that injuns are really jews.

How many years have you been around this business?

And you're still talking about concentrations of coil cleaner?

Damm, you're dumb.

Reply to
HVAC