Replacement Thermostatic Blend Valve (problem finding one)

Hi,

I am trying to find a replacement Thermostatic Blend Valve for my Thermal Store system. The problem is my valve typically seems to be oriented the wrong way.

Most of the valves available are as follows:

HOT ------>

Reply to
Mike Myers

Who is the thermal store made by? Don't they have a source for it (or is it horrendously expensive?)

McDonald's

Gledhill's
to have the arrangement you're after.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Unfortunately, I am not sure how I go about identifying the store, its about 10-12 years old and the store itself is fully lagged with foam. There doesn't seem to be any distinguishing marks or way to find out whom exactly it's manufactured by?

It seems those are similar, the first one more so but neither look much like my store being much more modern affairs I guess.

I will try taking a photograph of it today and maybe taking it to some local plumbing stores to see if I can get any joy.

The valve itself seems to be manufactured in Germany (or at least for both English and German markets as it has Kalt / Cold etc).

I did find 15mm Reliance Water Controls one which was L-patterned although it seemed to be reversed to mine, I definitely need 22mm.

Shall I try contacting some thermal store manufacturers? I can imagine them being horrendously expensive though :(

Cheers,

Mike

Reply to
Mike Myers

I meant that the mixing valves look like the same configuration as yours

You could just ask what make they use and see if you can find them cheaper.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Yeh, mine on further inspection looks a little different, here are loads of almost identical pics :)

realised it had tap connectors, with a fibre washer (you can see I have repaired the mix outlet in the past, when I bought the house it was leaking and has the remains of the stuff I didnt scrub off).

The ones I have seen to buy look all pretty much like compression affairs.

Hmmmm..

ta,

Mike

Reply to