Replacement decorative glass- help!

Hi, A decorative window pane was broken in the common stairway leading to our Edinburgh flat recently. It's a yellowish "Muranese Glass" and used to match the other eleven panes. I'm having difficulty finding a replacement, or a way of recreating the same effect, in part because this type of glass now appears to be deprecated.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers, W.

Reply to
W.Warburton

In article , snipped-for-privacy@ed.ac.uk writes

Have you tried these people, they actually list the type of glass in various colours

Janet Tweedy

The message

from snipped-for-privacy@ed.ac.uk contains these words:

Appin

Talk to the many people who make new stained glass panels, using genuine lead came (not the copper strip people, certainly not the stick-on-plastic lot). There are such people, many repair panels like this. Leaded glass isn't as obscure as you might think, even today.

If you're local to Bristol or Berkshire, try asking around

or
see if they know anyone to recommend.

Reply to
Andy Dingley