Replacement car registration plates.

Doesn't matter. What most 'cloning' is about is getting a tank of petrol and doing a runner. Or avoiding speed camera fines, etc. So you use a set of stolen plates for a few days - then steal another set.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

(MOT advisory recommends replacement due to cracks, etc.).

Sorry if this has been covered - I bought a pair from ebay for about a tenner. No problem at all and came with all the fixings. No problem at all - job done in 10 minutes, screwed to bumper.

I gathered when i made enquiries at the time that there could be a legal issue. with not using 'registered' suppliers. I tend to live on the edge so not an issue this time.

Rob

Reply to
RJH

And you don't think that controlling the supply of plates is a good way to stop that?

Lovely, an' all. But not what I asked.

I wonder which parts the Daily Mail might be suggesting?

So you think that means that the requirement for insurance is flawed?

Your observation sucks, then.

I did. And, going by your logic, that means that their is no need for laws against them.

As you said so clearly and unambiguously...

I'm reading Jack Straw's biog at the moment - last night, it was the section where he discusses just why the Freedom of Information act was such an almighty cockup. Politics, basically. But does that mean that there shouldn't be any FoI act at all? Your line appears to be that that's precisely the case.

Reply to
Adrian

(MOT advisory recommends replacement due to cracks, etc.).

Halfords ... need to take your V5 with you

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Or giving others a speeding ticket:-)

Reply to
ARW

Fuck off. Fuel duty is already too high.

Reply to
ARW

On Thursday 13 June 2013 18:50 ARW wrote in uk.d-i-y:

And always will be too high - they might as well do something useful with it :-o

Reply to
Tim Watts

Where do you think the government should get the revenue instead?

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Well I already pay towards the MIB.

Should I have to pay twice?

Reply to
ARW

The Men In Black are doing a good job, leave them alone.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

The question is, if you don't pay it in fuel tax, how would you like to pay it? And if you don't think you should pay it all, who should pay it for you?

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Half done here by including a TAC (Transport Accident Charge) in your 'rego' (road tax). I live in what is classed as a high risk area so pay A$464.20 (£283), A$359.70 (£219) in low risk areas. You pay the same regardless of car. TAC pay personal injury claims from anyone hurt in an motor vehicle road accident regardless of who is to blame AIUI.

I pay around A$700 (£427) in addition for comprehensive cover (Prius Compact) but that's my choice. If I didn't have this and my car was damaged in an accident that was not my fault I presume that I would have to claim from the other party who (quite legally) might not be insured.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

The low-risk TAC is more than my insurance...

Reply to
Clive George

Very much like the way that all drug money laundering has been stopped by legislation.

Reply to
alan

A few months back the Police discovered a cannabis farm in a rented property in the same road in which I live.

Next day the community support officers put a badly worded flyer through all letterboxes in the road. It said (paraphrasing) "we will obtain a warrant and raid your property to see if you are dealing drugs" rather than something more sensible like "if we suspect that .... "

The whole attitude of these pretend Police was wrong in assuming that having discovered one crime that everyone else in the same vicinity was equally guilty.

Reply to
alan

But it doesn't stop cloning.

Reply to