Repairing sds drill

Open circuit field coils or armature windings ?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

In message , freddyuk writes

You haven't said what's not working - I take it isn't going round?

Maybe a jammed gear box or somesuch?

If it a cheapie then probably yes.

Reply to
chris French

Does it make any noises when turned on? Does it hum, emit smoke, or make monkeys fly out of your nose?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

The message from freddyuk contains these words:

Are they long enough?

Failing that, Netto have one starting tomorrow...

Guy King

I am trying to repair an SDS drill with roto stop.

The power is getting through the switch to the windings and th commutator revolves easily. There is no sign of burning or othe damage.The brushes are there and live.

Any ideas what would cause it to cease working? Should i just bin it

-- freddyuk

Reply to
freddyuk

No noise , no smoke, no smell of burning, the bit spins freely so no jammed and the whole coil is live so not the switch. I was just interested to know why it would suddenly stop.

Anyway sent wife off to Netto for a £20 special

-- freddyuk

Reply to
freddyuk

The message from freddyuk contains these words:

I've had brushes go suddenly like that. Try fettling them.

Reply to
Guy King