Repairing a laminate floor

Someone I know (NOT ME!) has had an unfortunate mishap involving a slipping drill stop which has resulted in two rows of 5mm diameter holes in his beech-effect laminate flooring (mdf core).

Are there any fillers which it would be worth his trying before he gives up and rips up quite a lot of floor?

Reply to
Autolycus

Drill them to 6mm. and get some 6mm. dowling and make some pegs.

Chris.

Reply to
mcbrien410

Oooh, somebody won't be allowed to play with his power tools in the lounge again :-) I wouldn't want to have to pay the flowers and chocolates bill when that got explained to 'Er Indoors.

If he has *any* spare laminate he could get one of those drill-and-core cut sets used for making wooden plugs to conceal screwholes in joinerywork.

If he doesn't have any spare matching laminate, some similar could be used to create plugs, and put a rug over it.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

B+Q have just what you need. It comes in a kit with a tube of coloured fiiler and a tube of hardener which you mix together.

Reply to
BeeJay

If this is a known make ... then the mnfctr will sell a matching repair kit ... otherwise if you (sorry your friend) goes to the likes of Floors2Go they can buy a generic kit and choose the best match.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes

What a suggestion!

How dare you?

Cheeky ****!

Not for suggesting I might drill holes in my floor, but that I'd have such a floor in the first place. I'm old enough to remember why we went from bare floors (lino in the bathroom, carpet squares surrounded by lino or stained boards in the front room) to fitted carpets in the first place, and that's where my sense of style, fashion, taste, and comfort have firmly stuck. So while I might get glue on the carpet - holes in mock-wood floors - never!

Thanks for that suggestion - I'll tell him.

Reply to
Autolycus