Marking a laminate worktop?

I will shortly be cutting holes in a kitchen worktop to house the sink
and hob.
What is best to use to mark the shape to be cut?
I tried pencil, but it does not show up very well, and obvioulsy
cutting the hole correctly is critical.
Steve.............
Reply to
dog-man
================================== Find the approximate positions of the holes, cover with masking tape and pencil accurate position on the tape.
If you want a more 'high-tech' solution buy a pack of CD/DVD marker pens from a good stationers or computer fair (cost about £1-00). These pens will write / mark almost indelibly on impervious surfaces.
Cic.
Reply to
Cicero
Turn the worktop over and mark the underside. Cut it that way and you will get far less chipping of the laminate as well.
Reply to
John Rumm
On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:53:16 +0000 John Rumm wrote :
Surely for sink and hob openings cutting from the top with a downcut blade is better, ideally with the top sitting on the units so you don't have to lift it once you've cut the hole.
Reply to
Tony Bryer
Doesn't even matter if it doesn't come off, as the sink/hob will overlap the hole edge by, say, 10mm - so any cut line will easily be hidden.
David
Reply to
Lobster
Muched loved in the IT industry as well for fixing tiny scratches on equipment.
What's the thing about signing playing cards? Is this for when you want to mark one for later reappearance from somewhere completely different? Of course we all know that it's one that you made earlier.
Do you have an assistant called Sharon?

Reply to
Andy Hall
Its to block 'reconstruction' of an effect by a spectator. Any good magic effect will cause the spectators to try & work out how something that is clearly impossible could have happened.
Probably the most used effect involving a signed card is 'card to wallet' - where your signed card appears in the magicians wallet.
If the card is unsigned the obvious 'reconstruct' is that the magician somehow knew which card you would take & had a duplicate in his wallet. Hence having the card signed.
Second most obvious 'reconstruct' in this effect is 'one you made earlier'. Several ways to block this, 'accidentally' smudging the spectators signature (known as an accidental convincer) or having them draw something or add the time/date as well as signing the card.
Now the reconstructs are blocked.
My version, from the spectators view; card is chosen at random from a pack of red backed playing cards. Card signed, signature accidentally smudged making it unique. Spectators pushes card into middle of deck.
Card later found in the zipped compartment of my wallet, folded neatly into four, and now has a blue back.
I developed this to increase the mystery. To reconstruct the spectator now has to work out (a) how did it get into the zipped up compartment, (b) how did it get neatly folded into four, (c) how come the back colour has changed from red to blue.
No explanation - therefore it must be magic.
As we say in the trade - its a bit of a knuckle buster (heavy duty sleight of hand), but a powerful effect so its worth the effort.
Reply to
The Medway Handyman
It's obviously all done with the microminiature photocopier inside the top hat....
Owain
Reply to
Owain
Don't you think there's a fighting chance the kitchen has been ripped out and replaced in the intervening 10 years?
Someone had already mentioned 'masking tape' without any attempts of spamming.
Reply to
Fredxx
On Mon, 08 Jan 2018 12:14:04 GMT, Mr Whyles coalesced the vapors of human experience into a viable and meaningful comprehension...
I suppose when your company's net worth is less than the cleaner's salary your, marketing budget is unlikely to stretch further than Newsgroup spamming
Reply to
Graham.

Site Timeline Threads