Marking a laminate worktop?

Does anyone cut a worktop with a handsaw?

I thought the right way to do this is to cut roughly to size with a saw then trim it with a router? I ask, because the last time I tried it did not go very well, and I have one to do in the flat I am about to renovate for my daughter.

Reply to
GB

The overlap of the sink is generous enough to cover any rough edges left by a jigsaw which would be my choice of tool Mark with a felt tip pen

Reply to
fred