removing tiles from plasterboard

hi all, need to do major job on the bathroom and toilet. The walls are made as stud partition, with really gross tiles ceiling to floor, that have to go.

I removed a few tiles and its a right mess. Ive come to the conclusion its not possible, and its more expedient to actually remove the plasterboard with siad tiles and redo completely. Is this the case? Or am i just being really dense. As to replacing the plasterboard, should I be looking fora particular type, eg, with a waterproof membrane or some such, if there is such a thing, give the plasterbaord will bein thetoliet and bathroom.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Tom

Reply to
fireblade

I'd also consider Aquapanel for vulnerable areas.

Reply to
stuart noble