Removing tile transfers

How can I remove transfers from the tiles in my bathroom. I've redecorated, but the previous owner put a small border of flowery things round the window (ugh!), and they're very hard to shift.
I've tried white spirit, "stick stuff remover" and surgical spirit, with very limited success. Someone suggested cellulose thinners (from Halfords, presumably?). Can anyone help?
Thanks Barb
: How can I remove transfers from the tiles in my bathroom. I've redecorated, : but the previous owner put a small border of flowery things round the window : (ugh!), and they're very hard to shift. : : I've tried white spirit, "stick stuff remover" and surgical spirit, with : very limited success. Someone suggested cellulose thinners (from Halfords, : presumably?). Can anyone help? : : Thanks : Barb : :
I had a similar problem when I did some decorating for someone. In the end I used a heat gun (paint stripper).
Brad.

redecorated,
window
Halfords,
Yes, Cellulose thinners.
Considering their containing Xylene and their ability to dissolve just about everything except coffee stains, I'm surprised they haven't been banned . ;) regards john
I got rid of mine by spraying them with one of those Bathroom Mousse aerosoles. Leave it for about 15 - 20 mins and scrub the transfers with a non-scratch abrasive pad. They may need two applications.
HTH
Bren

about
;)