Tile transfers in a kitchen

Shite? Tile paint any better? Does it have to be specifically tile paint or are there alternatives? Just trying to think of something to brighten up all the boring white tiles in't kitchen.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Shite? Tile paint any better? Does it have to be specifically tile paint or are there alternatives? Just trying to think of something to brighten up all the boring white tiles in't kitchen.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Agreed. We are considering having some tiles printed to our own designs. But that is in the newly tiled scenario not the upgrade in situ.

Depending on the treatment they will get, I would consider using almost any paint and some lacquer/varnish over. Maybe a super-hard water-based (to avoid yellowing)?

Reply to
Rod

Tile paint is very good, my daughter painted some tiles in her bathroom 4 + years ago & it hasn't flaked or peeled.

Only prob with tile paint is that it covers the grouting up so it looks slightly less lile tiles.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thanks. I was considering painting single tiles here and there rather than the whole lot, perhaps masking off each tile so that none got on the grouting...

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

I reckon that would look OK Be a bit tedious mind. My daughter used the International brand tile paint.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Tedious? Oh, I can do tedious:

about all the ads., if you go to visit.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

decorated at least twice in all the rooms since then! I can't get onto Lycos now to change anything either. Still...

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

So who gave you that house?

(I can't believe anyone would have bought it... :-) )

Reply to
Rod