Removing rust from porcelain sink :-)

I couldnt resist..........Wife was moaning about a rust mark down the sink caused with a few drips over a couple of years when the tap was turned off which hit the overflow outlet.
So told her to google it as she cant afford to pay for my knowledge :-) She tried lemon juice /salt/bicarbonate of soda/bleach/vinegar and everthing in between nothing removed it.
Knowing one way or the other I would remove the stain I told her when I have a couple of minutes to spare I will sort it, she went shopping so used toothpaste and and wiped the stains off in seconds!
She wasnt impressed as she now thinks I am a c... for letting her slave over it for days.
On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 23:38:28 +0100, ss wrote:

JOOI, how many months have you been together as a married couple? :-)
--
Johnny B Good

On 19/07/2018 23:38, ss wrote:

I'm a little curious why toothpaste worked when some of the others, some of which are used in toothpastes or as toothpaste, didn't.
That aside, you need to work on your technique. You should have suggested toothpaste, then the 'victory' would have been hers ;-) and your kudos would have been enhanced.

Toothpaste is a mild abrasive.

On 20/07/2018 07:57, Rod Speed wrote:

So is baking soda- in fact some toothpastes use baking soda. (Some) People use it to remove stains from teeth that tootpaste leaves.

I do think somebody on this list with a sig line about benefit fraud needs to update it to cover current benefit names. Brian
--
----- --

Depends on how much of it is still undissolved in the other stuff.

Not much anymore.

Not much anymore.
On 20/07/2018 07:57, Rod Speed wrote:

After 40+ years of marriage only winning the lottery would get me extra kudos.

I didn’t write that, someone else did.

Time to grade her in on another bimbo.
Hmm rusty teeth was something I had not considered a possibility. Brian
--
----- --
On 19/07/2018 23:38, ss wrote:

Neat 1001 carpet cleaner shifts almost everything

For less than half a crown?
--
Graeme

Only if it's a big, big carpet!
--

Chris

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 07:57:02 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

You beat me to it!

It's funny how these jingles stick in the memory!
--

Chris

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 07:58:23 +0100, Graeme wrote:

OMly if it's on a big big carpet.
On 21/07/2018 09:43, Bob Eager wrote:

For those younger guys who never saw it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v
wacuIsdug
On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 19:01:07 +0100, ss wrote:

Not as good as Shake 'N Vac!
On 21/07/2018 20:48, Bob Eager wrote:

Well my wife seemed to have ignored the benefits of 1001 & shake n vac but over the years seemed to have adopted the Penelope Keith philosophy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkqVeHwA-94