Removing rust from porcelain sink :-)

I couldnt resist..........Wife was moaning about a rust mark down the sink caused with a few drips over a couple of years when the tap was turned off which hit the overflow outlet.

So told her to google it as she cant afford to pay for my knowledge :-) She tried lemon juice /salt/bicarbonate of soda/bleach/vinegar and everthing in between nothing removed it.

Knowing one way or the other I would remove the stain I told her when I have a couple of minutes to spare I will sort it, she went shopping so used toothpaste and and wiped the stains off in seconds!

She wasnt impressed as she now thinks I am a c... for letting her slave over it for days.

Reply to
ss

JOOI, how many months have you been together as a married couple? :-)

Reply to
Johnny B Good

I'm a little curious why toothpaste worked when some of the others, some of which are used in toothpastes or as toothpaste, didn't.

That aside, you need to work on your technique. You should have suggested toothpaste, then the 'victory' would have been hers ;-) and your kudos would have been enhanced.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Hmm rusty teeth was something I had not considered a possibility. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Neat 1001 carpet cleaner shifts almost everything

Reply to
Andrew

Only if it's a big, big carpet!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

In message , Andrew writes

For less than half a crown?

Reply to
Graeme

OMly if it's on a big big carpet.

Reply to
Bob Eager

You beat me to it!

Reply to
Bob Eager

It's funny how these jingles stick in the memory!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

For those younger guys who never saw it:

ss

Not as good as Shake 'N Vac!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Well my wife seemed to have ignored the benefits of 1001 & shake n vac but over the years seemed to have adopted the Penelope Keith philosophy.

ss