Removing paint from lead on window

Hi,

We have a large metal framed stained glass window at the side of the house. The previous owners were not very carefull when painting the window and have got paint on the lead between the various sections of glass. I am about to start repainting the landing, stairs and hallway and was hoping to clean up the lead a bit. Is there an easy way of doing this?

It's not so bad that you would notice it so if it is going to be too much work then I would not bother.

Thanks Andy

Reply to
junk

Wire brush (using a small piece of sheet metal to cover the glass adjacent to the lead)?

Reply to
nog

That will damage the lead, which is soft. Better to mask the frame then use Nitromors and fine wirewool or a fine abrasive pad - this will probably still shine the lead but it will darken again in time.

Reply to
Rob Morley