Removing head of "DANFOSS THERMOSTAT" TRV

I am trying to remove the head of a "DANFOSS THERMOSTAT" TRV; it looks thus:

unscrewed the retaining clip to the point that I can rotate it around the head freely enough. I then put the head to the highest "temperature" and tried to keep unscrewing the white part to no avail. I then gently pulled, then pulled less gently, again to no avail. Am I missing a trick or is further brute-force required (and which way, unscrew or pull)?

Thanks in advance,

Kostas

Reply to
Kostas Kavoussanakis

The securing collar on that model often requires the clamp screw to be detached completely so the collar is free to open up, then the head should pull straight off with perhaps a slight wobble to persuade the projections of the locating clip part to clear the metal collar. Once it is off you will see exactly what I mean.

Reply to
cynic

Thanks. Unfortunately I broke one of the projections that you are saying. Again unfortunately, the standard adaptors that come with the Honeywell CM Zone heads (HR80UK) don't work with this valve. :-(

Oh well,

Kostas

Reply to
Kostas Kavoussanakis