Removeable steps for exterior wall

Hi,

I am about to permanently cover my roof terrace, which will remove access to another small existing roof (I can currently get up there via step ladder from uncovered terrace).

My neighbour's, single pitch, tiled roof abuts the terrace, and is accessible (from the side of the terrace) and easily strong enough for careful access by an adult. Once on this adjoining roof I would be able to climb up for maintenance access to the small roof mentioned.

But...I need to fix some steps into said wall to do this.

Shouldn't be permanent as I can't risk the kids heading up there when they're older.

The best ideas I had so far:

  1. knock out, and cement in steel guide tubes, for slotting in thick-gauge steel re-bar, bent into 'n' shapes.

  1. same, but bigger holes / sleeves, and using thick wood, inserted to almost depth of wall.

Does anybody have any thoughts?

With thanks

Jon

Reply to
Jon Jarratt

I have a similiar situation and fixed a permanent ladder to the wall for access, I then had a hatch installed when constructing the roof area for the terrace and I padlock that to deny access.

Reply to
ss

Steel rusts & expands, breaking up masonry. Better to either drill holes for expanding bolts, but not fit them, or fit meaty ss bolts protruding to hang something on.

NT

Reply to
meow2222