Remove trim from around built-in microwave

Hi,

I need to remove the stainless steel trim / frame from around our built-in Bosch microwave.

The door catch has broken - when you push the button, nothing happens. Our local repairers say they can fix it, but won't touch it until we've removed it from its housing; they say (and I sympathise) that they can spend longer getting built-ins out than the repair itself takes.

The trim is a completely smooth stainless steel rectangle, fitting snugly to the edge of the microwave on the inside, and to the wooden housing on the outside. Not being able to open the door doesn't help at all.

Does anyone have any experience of these? Even just knowing where to apply some leverage would help - corners, edges, inside edge or outside....

I can post pics but there's nothing much to show. All help gratefully received.

Thank you,

Ally

Reply to
Ali2098