Remove soot from beige carpet?

Hi

Just had two cowboys from yellow pages in to sweep my chimneys so now have a beige carpet covered in soot. Any thing to get it of or should I just bin it? Cheers

Scott

Reply to
Scott

Get your household insurance policy out!

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Get your money back from the sweeps and then get your house insurance policy out.

Reply to
BigWallop

[a] Don't pay them [b] Send them the bill to have it cleaned.
Reply to
Nigel Mercier ®

Reply to
Scott

Hover out all the dry stuff.

Then use a wet cleaner with carpet shampoo.

I have a Numatic George, circa £180 pounds, but you can buy no-brand wet vac for £40 or less.

Steve

Reply to
StevieBoy