Removal of (large) trees and planning

In South Glos you can't see a list of TPOs, but you can see any relevant applications.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hodges

You are right the felling within the curtilage of a dwelling is exempt from felling licenses.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

There were exceptions under that act but it was modified under CROW and the wording changed to use the word "recklessly", so you in fact have a duty to make sure you don't disturb any nesting birds.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

The message from "JoeJoe" contains these words:

One of my neighbours had a tree clearing session a bit ago. A few weeks later he put in an application for planning permission for a bungalow in his garden. The planners demanded a tree survey but there were no longer any trees in awkward places (and I won't have anywhere near as many leaves to sweep up every autumn. :-) )

Reply to
Roger