Remote PIR Needed

I have a pair of lights fitted to the back of the house, that are controlled via switch inside the house. Great planning by the builder.

I'm looking for light switch that will recieve a signal from a remotely mounted PIR (outside) and switch the lights on accordingly.

Any ideas? Otherwise its a rewire and plaster job that will not be popular with the wife!

Many thanks

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

Is it not possible to fit a PIR outside connected to the light circuit and leave the internal switch on? PJ

Reply to
PJ

I'd thought of that, but the 2 lights are only joined at the switch - and the cables come out of the lights straight into the wall!

If may be an option if I changed the circuit.......

Reply to
Matthew

I have read your second contribution...

Change each light unit for a light unit combined with a PIR and leave the switch on. Most of these modern units can be overidden to stay on, by turing the switch off then quickly back on. Off then back on after ten seconds restores them to PIR operation.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Is the switch on the outside wall in a place where you could drill straight out the back of it, through the wall?

Failing that how difficult would it be get a cable run to the switch from the outside?

Failing that how about using a separate PIR for each outside light? (they are not that expensive).

Reply to
John Rumm