Remote House Central Locking

I've been thinking about Remote House Central locking for years. I'v

had it on my car now for a long time but nobody seems to have develope a system for the house. That is until now. I visited the Smart Home sho at the NEC last weekend and found a company exibiting there calle diy2go.com. They sell a DIY fit wire-less battery opperated remot house central locking system that fits your existing doors! Instead o keys you now unlock your door with a keyfob! Why didn't anyone els make this years ago! You can find loads more info at

I'm deffinately ordering one, it even lets you know when locking you doors if you leave the back door open! Very useful for some one like m who would forget his head if it wasn't screwed on

-- johnsm

Reply to
johnsm

I've thought about having various locks controlled by the alarm system depending on the arming state, but I probably wouldn't want the remote unlocking aspect. We use such locks at work, but at over £1000 a piece (just the lock mechanism), they are outside my price range. The cheaper products I've seen have not been up to securing a house.

You might want to check if your insurance company will still insure you first. There's far too little technical info on the diy2go.com to even hazard a guess (or at least, I can't find any), but I think you could have a real problem here for several reasons.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Hi John

Let us know what it's like - I've always wanted one as well!

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

I would like to know what happens when theres a power cut....

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

One would expect some sort of battery back up would be required.

Reply to
Paul Ekins

In an office environment, typically battery backup for 250 operations (and a time limit, like 24 hours). Of course, you might also have lost access to the security vetting system which could mean staff entitled to access might be locked out because security system can't verify them. In that case, and after the battery has died, it's physical key operation just like a conventional door lock.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I smell a spamming turd...

Reply to
Grunff

They did. Such systems have been available for commercial premises for years. I would, however, doubt the security of one that was priced for the domestic market.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

In message , Paul Ekins writes

Well, presumably there would be a manual locking/unlocking system as well anyway.

ISTR that those 2 designers on that TV program about redesigning common objects came up with one of these. sounds like a good idea, I suspect the cost implications are the problem

Reply to
chris French

Me too.

Reply to