Reglazing spectacles

Any recommendations for firms since Richard's passing.

Also wondering what's happened to our prurient electrician

Reply to
ajh

ajh snipped-for-privacy@loampitsfarm.co.uk> wrote

Didn't realise he had.

Yeah, me too.

Reply to
Rod Speed

ajh snipped-for-privacy@loampitsfarm.co.uk> wrote in news:l2vlf4Fqq0kU1 @mid.individual.net:

Good experiences with this outfit although not as cheap as they once were, now 30quid:

fred

In message snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>, ajh snipped-for-privacy@loampitsfarm.co.uk> writes

Hmm. I suspect the opticians profit is in the frames. The Specsavers business model seems to involve changing the offered frames every 3 years. Making such economies difficult. I found someone on-line marketing a *reading* glass using the same frame a my discontinued broken pair. Not quite what I hoped as the securing screws had the ends peened with a punch! Luckily resourceful farmers have access to suitable twist drills and pin holders from previous employment:-)

Me too. Perhaps we need a Wiki file for grieving relatives to report.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

He's fine, just bored of usenet I think ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks, no need to worry then.

Reply to
ajh

Thanks I'll give them a try

Reply to
ajh

Indubitably but I have amassed many frames plus I only ned the prescription changed for one eye and have been advised to wear prescription sunglasses, so a total of three lenses needed.

Reduce, reuse, recycle...

Reply to
ajh

I consider myself very fortunate (good choice of parents) to only need glasses for reading and TV. Slight astigmatism is an issue but only in low light conditions (yes officer, I do wear driving glasses). Most of my life is spent with a pair hanging round my neck.

Indeed, although I think Specsavers believe I am a waste of their time:-)

I have a long dead Oak needs taking down if you are ever up this way.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

ajh snipped-for-privacy@loampitsfarm.co.uk> wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Just noticed you said you will be looking for prescription sunglasses too. In the past I've used neutral grey lenses in sunglasses so opted for that tint when looking for prescription ones from them. Sadly They came with a slight blue cast to them which I didn't like so chose the dark green tint on the next pair and I am very happy with them.

Reply to
fred

My first reply seems to have got lost

Could be able, bearing in mind I have no insurance nowadays. How large is it?

Reply to
ajh

About 1m through the butt. Not near any public r.o.w. Most of the branches are long gone.

That mail address died with Demon! Lose the *farm* and use .uk.com

Reply to
Tim Lamb