Refused plannig permission for driveway

They can make him pull the garage down. If it gets through without them noticing, in years to come he may need to demolish it when selling, if a sharp lawyer looks into it.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I totally agree - but it's pretty difficult to enforce as a condition for granting planning permission.

Reply to
Set Square

I'd just park in the garden, then arrange to have a 20 tonne lorry tip a pile of stone into the mud.

Maybe after a while I'd put a nice border in too.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Sue them for their assumption that you're a bad driver? ;-)

Reply to
John Cartmell

But reversing in on a main road will hold up traffic so no different to reversing out.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Obviously you are not a driver.

Reply to
John Cartmell

I once saw a garden with a turntable in, so as to drive in and out the right way round.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

AIUI; the 'correct' aka Prescot-ODPM way necessitates a means of driving _in_ and _out_ to the front. Reversing isn't permitted for planning-purposes. Your 'correct' way; reverse in then drive front-wise out - which I do - is permitted with 'grandfather' rights.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Another bizarre device they have around here basically allows you to park one car on top of the other on a kind of rotating lift. How it works I have no idea! It looks all very Thunderbirds ;-)

Reply to
Séan Connolly

ISTR planning permission can't be enforced after a certain number of years.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Yes, I am a driver. If you want to reverse into your drive then you'll have to make sure there is no traffic behind you which is going to be hard on a main road.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

But not the potential hold up that you get from someone trying to reverse into a traffic stream.

Reply to
John Cartmell

Nothing like as hard as ensuring there's nothing coming when you reverse

*out*!
Reply to
Set Square

In message , John Cartmell writes

I think someone (else!) needs to check the highway code, esp with regard to reversing from a minor to a major road.

Whilst a driveway isn't specifically a road, the intent is clear.

Even disregarding that, as others posters have pointed out, I'd much rather reverse "out of traffic" than into it. Someone

Reply to
somebody

Reversing into your drive probably means reversing into the garage as well, and it will soon be full of fumes and soot..

Reply to
Bob Martin

You don't have the choice. I went and looked at the original planning file for converting this place into a house from the planning office and making it possible to turn a car round was a condition of the planning permission.

Mind you, it was on the A46 then.

Reply to
Nick Atty

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk saying something like: