Redring shower

The temperature control on an instantaneous electric shower is not a thermostat, it's simply valve that varies the water flow rate. Can you give more details of the problem with model number?

Reply to
Graham.

The thermostat in my electric shower is playing up so I intend replacing it (or having someone else replace it) I did it myself last time as the model (Active 320) had the exact same layout as the previous model. Is there a way of finding out whether newer models have the same layout so there is a minimum of re-routing pipes ot cables?

Reply to
Jim the Geordie

There's a parts list and spares available here:

If it's a 'thermostat' problem I'd be looking at the electrical components, possibly the heater, the switches or thermal cutout.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Contact the manufacturer and ask?

It must be a fairly common question (I had the same thing but with a Mira shower), and they probably have a standard answer (maybe even a FAQ on their website).

For a manufacturer, there is a clear commercial advantage in keeping layouts as consistent as possible - changing things only when some "new development" makes it necessary to change things around.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

dl the manual for both models. It'll include a pic/diagram

Reply to
Animal

It's not that the temperature doesn't change, it's that it cuts out.The The light dims to the medium setting brightness and it goes cold, before reaching a hot enough temperature for a comfortable shower. Model is Active 320

Reply to
Jim the Geordie

Is there not one to protect the element though? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Almost certainly the thermal cutout. I have one on the original California model, but although I coluld probably remove it from there, I doubt whether I could replace it in the current one whole standing on the edge of the bath. Is it necessary anyhow? I could diconnect it.

Reply to
Jim The Geordie

I assume it's to avoid the element continuing to run if there's a pressure drop in the water supply, resulting in the water output going overtemp. You don't want to be standing under a shower of boiling water when that happens.

Theo

Reply to
Theo