Red face over fitted wardrobe shelves.

I assume the back is pinned to the shelf you are removing, so you'll ruin the back and leave it unsupported. I strongly suggest you work round the issue and leave the shelf where it is.

Reply to
GB

Totally convincing! I'll make my missus some stilts instead.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Get her one of these?

GB

It all seemed so simple just a little while ago.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Or take the wardrobe out of the alcove, dismantle it very, very carefully, and reassemble it the way you want it.

Can't you just allocate your wife a different shelf?

Reply to
GB

"Built to withstand heavy use"? Dare I?

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

By Golly! I think you might be onto something there.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Do you?

I've always put the cam in the hole first, aligned it, then pushed the pinned bit in from the side!

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Ooops! :)

Reply to
GB

Maybe a photo of the whole wardrobe, if you want practical suggestions?

Reply to
GB

We've all said that.

Usually just after last orders at Screwfix, with no electricity, and wondering why we forgot to buy meter tail or torch battery.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Only if you want your marriage to turn into as big a minefield as your wardrobe.

Maybe just move.

Lots of fitted wardrobes for the XYL and a garage/playroom for you.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Only if you get it unscrewed are you screwed. If you buy Ikea... this is what you get.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

You are Owain Moneysaver, and I claim my £5! :)

Reply to
GB

The whole shebang.

The shelf.

The idea was to take out the shelf with the box file on, and put the box file on the next lower shelf. Access and opening space. Don't think it's happening

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Now we know where, it's just a matter of the wherewithall.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

In message snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mike Halmarack snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

ROFL! The story of my DIY life.

Reply to
Graeme

I got a warning from Kaspersky about that photo. It said the web page was downloading adverts and recommended closing it.

Reply to
Andrew

Isn't this what multi-tools are for ?.

Cut the camlocks and reposition with new ones.

Failing that, use no-nails :-)

Reply to
Andrew

No, the shelf is, rather securely :-)