Recommendation for a Roomstat

I currently have a Myson MRT1 thermostat to control the kickspace heater in the kitchen, unfortunately it sits about 45mm+ off the wall and is causing problems opening a fridge nearby. Owing to a lack of suitable wall space to place it elsewhere it has to stay where it is. I am looking for a suitable ?thin? replacement, it sits on a 16mm back box but that could be made deeper if required. The MRT1 is the type with an anticipator resister and I require a direct replacement, it does not have to be programmable that is handled elsewhere just a bog standard type is required. Unfortunately getting dimensions for various types is proving difficult hence why I am asking for recommendations.

Thank you in anticipation.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

What about the MRTE. Modern thermostats use an electronic sensor and swicth and so don't need the gas bellow to overcome the thermal intertia in a bi-metalic strip. Its still protrudes 20mm

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

Thanks for the heads up David. It seems the MRTE is basically a two wire device so I will just have to disconnect the neutral. The 20mm protrusion will make a big difference as the stat is very close to the hinged edge of the fridge door. I was looking at a few but 28mm protrusion was the smallest I could find. Now just need to find someone who stocks them, SF and TS of course do not, I suppose I could go direct to Myson but imagine they will charge list price.

Thanks again

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

This should give you a starting price:

Fredxx

Just checking - can it handle the load? Just you did not say if the kickspace heater was electric or wet.

Reply to
ARW

Have you consider a remote wireless alternative? And then place the thermostat/sender for convenience.

Reply to
Fredxx

There really is no other place two of the walls are exterior so should not be used and owing to fitted units and other restrictions the position chosen is the only place left where it can be placed at the correct height.

Thanks for the link.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Thanks Adam, it is a wet heater the thermostat simply controls the fan.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

It appears to be discontinued - Plumbnation is the cheaper of the two sites that I fpound with stock.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Just a quick thanks Dave, the MRTE arrived today swapped the MRT1 and it is perfect. The fridge door now opens fully against the wall without fouling the stat.

Thanks Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky