Rebadged power tools direcotry?

Any such thing exist? I've read about B&Q selling Trend routers, and Wickes selling Freud. Just wondering if there is a list of which places sell which rebadged stuff.

Might be a nice idea, unless it's mostly unknown disposable stuff nowadays.

Thanks J

I don't know if there is any directory as such.. I expect it is something we could compile ourselves ;-) (new section for the FAQ perhaps)

I was not aware of B&Q badging Trend... although their web site currently lists the PPPoo and various reasonable looking kit from Metabo, Makita, and DeWalt.

Wicks do see to badge more decent stuff than the others for their light grey bodied stuff. Oddly they seem to sell the Freud for more than most places selling the real thing! ;-)

If you browse some of the far east OEM tool makers sites you can often spot familiar looking tools.

For the bulk of the badged stuff this seems to be the case - since most DIY shops are usually looking for "competitively priced" own brand stuff.

Reply to
John Rumm

The trouble would be keeping it up to date.

It's very typical for the volume retailers to create a pseudo-brand and to use suppliers from all over the place that are changed almost as often as the paper rolls in the tills.

Reply to
Andy Hall