Re: YOU DO NOT QUARANTINE HEALTHY PEOPLE

Oh dear

the point is that you do not know people are healthy until you quarantine them

that's why you do it

tim

Reply to
tim...

Yes, I was also a bit foxed by the press release dated last Thursday from government about essential personnel and their families being tested if they show symptoms. Surely by the time they show symptoms, any damage has already been done, but if they open it up to those with no symptoms that only proves they did not have it 48 hours ago. We seem to be far away from instant results or a reliable way to know if you have had it or indeed if you are now immune and for how long. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2

Biology 101: Each species has natural enemies that keep its number under control. That's why you do Exposure and Immunity.

Reply to
David P

Think about it, the approach is a pragmatic one.

To ensure people couldn?t infect others, you would have to test people every few days ( or less than the period between becoming infected and infectious is) and that assumes you get a result in under this time. Can you imagine the logistics of that? People aren?t, or weren?t, making full use of the testing opportunities available- Hancock was taking flak for the low number of tests but the provision was there.

Reply to
Brian Reay

The provision seems to be there if you are prepared to drive a two hour round trip to a test station.

Reply to
alan_m

The daft part though is that if you look up things it is supposed that we bought more than a quarter of a million tests, yet last night on the news when it monitored the web site, it was apparently out of tests in an hour due to there only being 10000 available at that moment, one assumes deducting the drive throughs and mobile test vehicles. There does seem to be two news streams, and they seem not to agree. I'd suggest that it is the difference between purchased test kits, and actually delivered sets.

Supply and demand again. The press release said Royal Mail and Amazon were doing the kits. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2

Actually ints 1 hour 30, but the whole idea of the web site is that you can either get a visit by a mobile centre or indeed have the test delivered by Amazon or Royal mail. The time for a result is doubled if you ask for your own kit though. Can we not come up with a four way test? You are clear, you have it, you have had it and you are immune to it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2

Just wait. They are manipulating everything so as to achieve 100,000 tests on Thursday or Friday. Suspect stockpiling of testing capability and huge amounts of overtime coming up for testing labs.

I suspect we will see disappointingly low numbers today and Wednesday, then, when finally released, a huge spike for Thursday. Probably followed by a huge drop the next day.

After all, they have so much invested in managing to reach 100,000 a day by the end of the month. And sceptics think it impossible.

Already, they have announced that the figures will not be available until next week. Does two things: takes the issue slightly off the boil, and gives opportunity to massage numbers.

(Not certain if they are targetting Thursday as last day of month or Friday as first of next month. Or leaving it so they can choose whichever gets the higher number.)

Reply to
polygonum_on_google