Re: smoke detectors

How about cooked butane?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I'd be surprised (and worried) if it got near to one. Butane is denser than air and tends to 'settle' near the floor. If there is enough in the room that it reaches the smoke detector (which is normally mounted high up), there is a LOT of Butane around.

I assume this is in your caravan? You should have 'vents' in the floor, especially where there is Butane equipment (ie possible leaks). The idea is, any Butane which has leaked 'sinks' out of the vents. That is why LPG and Boats can be a problem- you can't have vents! Boats should have LPG detectors but I'm not sure how they work.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Its a vapour probably at room pressures so I'd expect the current will change in the ionised space. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2

Yes I remember what happened to Fanny Cradocks boat.

I'm thinking he just squirted some near the sensor, as otherwise the room is probably either blown up or incapable of sustaining life! I forget the explosive mixture ratio now but its surprisingly low in the flammable gas. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2

Are you absolutely sure it?s not a gas detector?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+