Re Re mice

WTF is all this about.

How have these b******s managed to hi-jack the email addresses ?

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

Because Usenet headers are (more-or-less) completely unverified.

As you can see from the "X-wonky-header" I have inserted above.

Given suitable software, you can make the headers say whatever you like.

Reply to
Huge

They seem to being splurged all over Usenet. Notice the Approved: lines in the headers, which (I think) is the line that enables them to infest even some of the moderated newsgroups.

They think it is funny.

When I first came onto Usenet (in early 1997) the number of pig-ignorant arsewipes that there are around the world came as quite a surprise.

Reply to
Tony Williams

Easy. Just send an NNTP send with the faked e-mail address.

Look at the path headers though. I thnk teh one from 'me' came via toscali, whereas I am - for a few days more anyway - on demon.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What is a suprise is that the number seems to be increasing.

Like the man said; "Usenet has gone from being mostly full of people who were often obnoxious but usually smart to being mostly full of people who are often obnoxious and usually dumb."

Reply to
Huge

Usenet really went down several years before 1997 IMO. September 93 (when AOL users got a newsfeed) was really bad.

Then in 94, Cantor and Seagull started spamming.

Reply to
Ian Stirling