p1200 glass paper

I use sandpaper as do most people for woodwork...but as a classical guitar player p1200 - ultrafine - is great for keeping right hand fingerrnails in shape. I'be bought it in special nail care kits but at £10 a throw, I'd prefer to just buy a few sheets of it myself!

Has anyone ever come across any on their travels - I haven't.

David

Reply to
david thorpe

You should find Wet & Dry in this grade in car part shops.

Reply to
EricP

You'll not find it in glasspaper or sandpaper, but silicon carbide (the black wet & dry stuff) goes to 800 in any car shop, 1200 pretty easily in a good one, and as fine as 2400 or 3600 if you hunt around.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

In message , david thorpe wrote

Reply to
Rejected_spam

No need to hunt around at all, assuming that you have contacts in the vehicle body refinishing trade..... Or go to a paint factors (assuming you don't mind buying several sheets of the same grade.

-- Reply to group please.

begin .......nothing!

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

so that's one hand that needs sanding 10 sheets......... Your going to have a lot of paper to last alot time ;o)

Reply to
John Borman

Well, If I were Howard Hughes, maybe 10 sheets would be about right!

So far, the quarter of a sheet supplied with the nail kit has lasted me 2 years (it's only used for final polishing and finishing)

Thanks for the advice, I've never done much DIY with cars and the best I'd ever seen elsewhere was p320 which is far too coarse for nail finishing.

So it's the motor factors then. I think I may not tell them that I want it for my fingernails, though!

David

Reply to
david thorpe

Or a fine finisher's in a furniture or shopfitting workshop. Just ask for fine grade red (carborundum) paper. No need to say what it's for. They will just give you a small amount. Give them a song and they may throw some other stuff at you.

I used to work for a firm that makes vanity units out of resin. The delivery driver needed to go to the loo on his rounds but only had some green paper to take to the bushes with him. He said that was a nasty scrape.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

In message , david thorpe writes

Angle grinder you blind bugger