Re: Plumbing shock

> How much hassle would it be to get your own surveyor in to have a > proper look... > they might have to lift floor boards to see what possible damage there > has been, or maybe even cctv like they do in drains? > > I wouldn't trust the opinions of the Company people because they have > a vested interest in fobbing you off....if this was only a few days > problem then ok, but not for months. > > How much crawl space is there?...just a few inches or do you have an > access hatch? > > Personally my worry would be on two parts... > 1) all that water could easily find its way onto supporting brickwork > and then into your timber. > 2) the food particles will lie on top, rot, and as said before > increase the chances of some creepy little things coming to have a > holiday with you. >

Well, we did get a quantity of sewer flies coming to stay. The "famous company" paid for pest control. The stuff the pest control guy used could not be cleaned up for two weeks, so you can imagine the house is in a pretty awful state.

The pest control firm is coming back today for a repeat visit, also courtesy of the company. They are also going to pay for the house to be cleaned top to bottom.

Getting a survey done courtesy of them is proving more difficult but I shall persevere after we are pest-free. After all, who wants to go down there at the present time?

Thanks for all your input everyone in what is going to be a long saga I feel.

Reply to
iamaran