In that case, I suggest one of these:

Corrected the group for you. :)

Reply to
GB

oh for a time machine

tim

Reply to
tim...

The time spent getting a decent result. The cost of paint. The value of the current secondhand bed, if in good nick. Are you sure this is a worthwhile project?

Reply to
GB

define decent result?

average result will be sufficient

7.99 a tin. How many tins required?

to someone else, 20 quid

to me, it still worth what I paid for it (which wasn't the current price of

79 quid)

compared with leaving it black? - dunno

tim

Reply to
tim...

if you knew that you wouldn't be asking questions.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Once you have badly over-painted it, surely it's value, even to you, must go down? :)

Unless you do a proper coach-painting job, it will look pretty poor.

Reply to
GB

Use some white duck tape on the bits that are on show ;-)

Reply to
Andrew

Trouble with spray painting narrow sections and tubes is that most of the spray goes into thin air and becomes very expensive using aerosols, using a proper spray painting setup makes a lot more sense. Aldi/Lidl often have compressors and spray guns on offer though for a one off it does not make sense. I think I would simply hand paint it.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

fine for the first 6 months until it selectively starts to peal off

tim

Reply to
tim...