Clanking radiator expansion...

Cut a bit of insulation off electric cable and use that

Reply to
harry

I will watch this with interest as I have some long rads with 3 brackets and the manufacturer (CenterRad) does not supply the plastic gizzmos. When the rads expand the 3 brackets almost guarantee a creak, clank or click from somewhere. When I moaned to the manufacturer they simply said their brackets and rads were designed to work without inserts and that they didn't make a noise. I regret having CenterRad radiators because other manufacturers still supply brackets that take inserts.

Reply to
nothanks

Probably worth a try to see if it cures the problem and give you time to source something else.

Reply to
ss

These, on Ebay?

Chris Hogg

No, partly because they had none of them in local stock, but mainly because the radiator only had two, and these were at the joints between two hefty chunks of metal with packing surrounding them. I was only expecting two replacements!

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Those look just like my ones.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

I agree. I'd start with something like nylatron 66 and make some bearers to fit the brackets.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

You can get gromet strip which is harder than PVC, and probably slides more easily. Try putting it on both the mating surfaces.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Bastardise* those things that cover the pins on a new 3 pin plug?

*What's the point of those?
Reply to
R D S

The bottom of the radiator is not very hot.Especially on the seams

Reply to
harry

To stop the plug pins scratching the appliance in transit.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

ISTR ch radiator brackets come with some plastic "insulators" that the rad actual bears on, to presumably allow the expansion of the rad etc without the infernal clanking I've got on one of mine...

Sources, proper names, good bodges, alternatives please?

TIA

Reply to
Jim K..

I can see that being cut through by the weight especially being warmed?

Reply to
Jim K..

No chance they just nicked them from another box then ? ;-)

Reply to
Jim K..

Aha! I'll check dimensions etc tomoz. Ta!

Reply to
Jim K..

The brackets aren't at the bottom of the rad...

Reply to
Jim K..