Re: OT: Virgin Media Technical Question

As well as the downloading, he also falsified his attendance logs to show he was elsewhere.

Falsifying official documents is very naughty for a police officer.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Well, *getting caught* is.

Does anyone else listen to the rather splendid Alfie Moore

I think the current broadcasts are repeats, but still funny the second time. He has a lovely turn of phrase, this is on security guards in shopping centres:

"Retail Rambo?s are frustrated souls because they really wanted to be cops but failed the selection process ? they say, because they?re colour-blind, in reality they turned up for the interview wearing a camouflage headband and were unable to correctly name the capital of France."

Reply to
newshound

Pergaps he should apply to the yorkshire police force. :}

Reply to
whisky-dave

----------- Do you know the internet speed offered in lay byes ?

Eh ? he doesn't download them in lay byes.

He downloads then in wifi hotspots maybe in a Starbucks or even the canteen at the police station, or even the bog at home for all I know.

However he *watches them in lay byes or possibly in more secluded spots.

------- you'd want someone that cracks codes in charge of security ?

Security guards aren't in charge of security. They're there to check the photos on peoples passes and car number plates and put keys in locks at various locations to prove they haven't fallen asleep

------- True, but I thought it was letter boxes.

The slots in letter boxes can be any height from the ground.

The point about letter boxes is that the slot is at approximately the same height as the slot in a burka as worn by a 5ft tall lady moslem.

Geddit ?

-- We don't know what other things he did as a PC and whether this was a one-off.

---If we sack him the paxpayer will end up supporting him finacailly in some way,

---and the cost of prison accommodation too.

That's something the law and order lobby always forget. The cost of locking people up.

---I'd rather he stayed in employment and was watched very closely and paid money

---back into society

Which he would do by paying taxes on his income as a security guard checking the photos on people's passes or car number plates.

michael adams

michael adams

South Yorkshire

Reply to