Re: OT. - OK Firth lets sort it out.

Steve,

David's contributions to this group have been very valuable, both in terms of his experience in DIY and contributions to the FAQ's, and in following his change of life in turning his DIY hobby into his business, which many of us have followed. This latter aspect is something that we've watched probably around 5 people in the group do over the last 8 years, and it's something that very many more of us have considered doing, and may yet do in the future. This is why it's of particular interest to the group and directly relevant to DIY.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Indeed. But that seems to make you in a minority of one by complaining. Doesn't that tell you something?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Quite so - in which case the forum, through the actions of its contributors, finds its own state. Whether it succeeds or fails depends on the actions of those contributors, and the fact that this is a thriving, busy, personable and informative forum that meets the remit of its title proves that its working.

Everyone's entitled to express an opinion, as you have done - and in return its clear to see that the overwhelming opinion of those who were moved enough to respond is that TMH's posts fall within acceptable boundaries for this group, aren't excessively commercial and add to the wealth of information to be found here. Indeed, there appears to be no support at all for your position.

Reply to
Stephen Howard

Hi John

Should anyone be considering doing what I did, I would be more than happy to give them any help I can.

Wibble, wibble :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Umm no.

Reply to
Steve Firth

This is why it's of particular interest to some who read this group even though it's not directly relevant to DIY.

HTH.

Reply to
Steve Firth

That 99.9% of the public are sheep? I think I already knew that.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Again, no, a vociferous group support him, that's not the same thing.

Reply to
Steve Firth

yeah..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In which case he's clearly in breach of 'the rules'. That being so, you should file a report with his news provider immediately!

Well, go on then...toddle along, quickly now...

Reply to
Stephen Howard

"Sheep" would suggest the majority of us felt he was doing something wrong, but let him carry on anyway without complaining.

However the feedback you have received so far suggests that the majority do not feel this way.

Reply to
John Rumm

Again yes, for *this* group it's perfectly acceptable and correct.

Reply to
The Wanderer

'Ooh look!' said the proud mummy as she was watching her soldier son marching with his company. 'He's the only one in step!'

Reply to
The Wanderer

But he can't. Because this NG doesn't have a charter, and a charter is the

*only* point of reference if he wants to complain. Any other datum, no matter how well meant or intended, is worthless.
Reply to
The Wanderer

This is why it's of particular interest to a significant number of *active* posters who determine the tone, genre of *this* NG. Anything else is irrelevant.

HTH.

Reply to
The Wanderer

You're very keen to tell people what to do.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Umm no it suggests that sheep behave like sheep by forming a flock.

Reply to
Steve Firth

And for *this* group my views are perfectly acceptable and correct.

It's not your trainset, it's not mine, neither of us can take it home at the end of the day.

Reply to
Steve Firth

And also the only one heading in the right direction as the others ran into the face of enemy fire. Being one of the herd is not necessarily sensible.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Well this flock sees nothing wrong with TMHs posts, so long may they continue.

That I guess leaves you the option of joining in, or flocking off.

Reply to
John Rumm