re my failing power shower pump

I have just taken off the bath panel and to my dismay, the plumber has re-routed both the pipes and the pump supply cable together in the same route up the wall.

How can I let someone know that a cable, let alone 2 pipes, run up the wall behind the tiles?

Do I have to re wire and re plumb to get back to a standard?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

You don't have to let anyone know there's cables and pipes there - it's up to them to not drill through them. Cables and pipes run up and down walls all over the house, other than that, they are clipped to the surface

Reply to
Phil L

On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 22:46:44 GMT, "Phil L" had this to say:

I think that anybody who drills into a wall (or otherwise chops it up) has total responsibility for their intrusion into what lies behind - "common sense" and all that. When they buy a property they do assume responsibilities as well as rights to the place.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

if it bothers you, keep a 'house book' of alterations and peculiarities to pass on to buyers. otherwise caveat emptor

Reply to
Steve Walker

I think your last statement just about sums things up. I'll write one up and stick it in the fuse box.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

is this causing a problem?

I dont know who you would need to inform or why, nor what communication issue you're having with them.

not normally. Is there a specific problem?

NT

Reply to
NT

No, when I'm dead and burried I won't give a damn. I'm just thinking about anyone who comes along behind me.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

If someone comes up behind you I wouldnt worry too much about the bathroom plumbing

NT

Reply to
NT